Saturday, April 9, 2016

PB2 and Chocolate Skinny Shake


I had been reading about PB2 online for quite a while but never was able to find it. One of the benefits of living in a small town. Anyway, on a recent trip to the city I stumbled across some PB2 and decided to buy it.
For a peanut butter addict like myself PB2 is a fantabulous alternative. They basically take peanut butter and suck the oil out of it so it is powdered. Peanut butter flavor with way less calories and fat.What's not to love?
I am soooo happy I decided to try it. I love it in shakes and oatmeal. 
The recipe I am sharing here is a peanut butter and chocolate explosion that comes in at about 300 calories. (According to Myfitnesspal - Calories, 301, Carbs 40, Fat 6, Protein 25, Fiber 7) That's for the whole recipe, it is a single serving!


PB2 and Chocolate Skinny Shake

Ingredients
1/2 cup 0 fat Greek yogurt, plain
1 pkg Stevia 
3 Tbsp PB2
1 tsp baking cocoa
2 Tbsp quick oats
1/2 banana, sliced
1/2 tsp mini chocolate chips
1/3 cup 1% milk
1/2 tsp mini chocolate chips

Directions
Mix together the Greek yogurt, Stevia, PB2, cocoa, quick oats, 1/2 a banana, and the first 1/2 tsp of mini chocolate chips.


Freeze until firm - I usually make it up at night so it is good for my breakfast in the morning.
When frozen, place in blender or food processor. Add in 1/3 cup milk and process until smooth. You may need to add in a bit more milk (or you can use water) to get it to your desired consistency. 
Pour into serving glass and top with remaining mini chips. (You can also use a Tbsp of Fat Free Cool Whip to make it look fancy schmancy without adding very many more calories.)


I like mine really thick so it feels like a real chocolate peanut butter milkshake so I can eat it with a spoon but you can definitely thin it out if you want it to be more "smoothie" like. 


300 calorie, protein filled breakfast that feels like you are having dessert! 
I often have it for dinner if I can't decide what to have. I make up several in advance in Ziplock baggies so they are frozen when I want them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment